Here’s a puzzle. How do you use the new Flickr setup to embed a slideshow in your WordPress blog? It’s not an easy task. At least for me it wasn’t. I found precious few directions. I was looking for two key words. Slideshow and Share. Do you see them anywhere? Well, here’s where they are. . .
1. Go to the Flickr site. Click on You (top left)
2. Click on Sets (top left area) between Photostream and Favorites.
3. Double left click on the set you want to exhibit.
4. Double left click on the first photo in the set.
5. Click on the three horizontal dots in the bottom right part of the screen.
6. Look at the list of items that show up and click slideshow.
7. Click on Share (top right area).
8. Grab the embed HTML that shows up here. Copy to Clipboard.
9. Add to your new post page in the text area.
I’m amazed that it takes so many steps to do this. Maybe there is an easier way but I’ve not found it. Flickr has great slideshows and I have used them often in my blog. They are dependable and show my photos well. It took me awhile to figure out how to continue using them with their new setup. But all is well now (at least until they decide to change things again).